Enjoy creamy cheesy pasta for supper tonight! This pasta dish is simple to make and only bakes for 30 minutes.
First, use a throw away pan. That cuts down on the time spent washing up later. Then, place 2 cups of pasta sauce on the bottom of the pan. I used Prego.
Place half of the cooked pasta on top of the sauce and spread evenly around the pan. I used Tinkyada gluten free brown rice shells.
Mix 12 ounces of ricotta cheese, 8 oz shredded mozzarella, 3 tbsp Parmesan, 1 egg white, 1 1/2 tsp dried parsley, 1/4 tsp garlic powder , salt and pepper to taste. Drop onto pasta.
Gently spread the cheese over the shells.
Top with mozzarella cheese. Bake for 30 minutes on 350 degrees F.
Classic Pasta Bake
- 16 oz dry pasta
- 12 oz ricotta
- 12 oz shredded mozzarella
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan
- 1 egg white
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups pasta sauce (1 lb)
- Put a pot of water on to boil. When it boils add salt to taste and pasta.
- Combine ricotta, 8 oz of the mozzarella (saving 4 oz for the top), 3 tablespoons Parmesan, 1 egg white, 1 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste.
- When pasta is a couple of minutes to being al dente, strain it and set aside.
- Place 2 cups of pasta sauce on the bottom of the pan and spread evenly.
- On top of this put half of the shells and spread in an even layer.
- Drop the cheese mixture on the shells. Spread as evenly as possible.
- Put the rest of the shells on the cheese and make even.
- Top this with the remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle 4 ounces of mozzarella over the top of the sauce.
- If using a throw away pan, put it on a cookie sheet. Place in preheated oven and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.